The Romance Studio welcomes all review submissions, published with an established publishing company or self published, within the romance genre including erotic, inspirational, alternative lifestyle, BDSM and young adult. Reviews at TRS are written with the reader in mind and we strive to give a fair and honest assessment of the authors' work. Reviews are subjective, the opinion of the reviewer, and meant to assist readers in making selections for purchase. Favorable reviews can be valuable promotional material for authors, publishers, and promotional agents.
Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we do not guarantee to review every book submitted. We currently receive in excess of over 400 review submissions per month and our reviews staff is made up of about 30 volunteer reviewers. The following should be noted:
- We reserve the right not to review any book at our discretion.
- We do not guarantee a time period within which any review will be completed.
- We do not guarantee a glowing review for every book submitted. We ask for patience and that submitters don't continually email to follow up. It won't hasten our efforts.
- If the submittee is not happy with the resulting review, we will NOT reconsider the work for an additional review until the desired result is achieved.
- We will not delete a review just because we are asked to do so by the submitter because the review rating is not as expected.
- We are not a critique service. We will not review or give opinions on works-in-progress or unpublished works.
- If you're submitting a print copy of your book for review, you still must complete the online form to put your book in our database.
- All books submitted should have been through the full editing process before submissions. i.e. the copy you send us for review should be what will be released for purchase.
- We do not include cover art with reviews.
- If you have questions please email us and be sure to include the title, author's name, publisher's release date, and submission date along with your question.
Also books submitted with the following subject matter will NOT be reviewed:
- sexual relations with the minors
- torture and/or mutilation
- non-consensual sexual relations
- use of bodily functions (feces, "golden showers", etc.)
Publishers who submit to TRS
The following is a list of publishers who submit review copies already to us. If your publisher is on the list, chances are we've already received your work for review consideration or will shortly.
Please note that we do not accept author submissions from one of our auto-send publishers. If you have a question about the status of your book for review, then follow the instructions listed above. Please DO NOT make an entry for your book on our database without contacting us first.
Amber Quill Press
Crescent Moon Press
Desert Breeze Publishing
Liquid Silver Books
Naughty Nights Press
New Concepts Publishing
Noble Romance Publishing
Penguin Group (Berkley, Berkley Jove, Berkley/NAL)
Pink Petal Books
Prism Book Group
Red Rose Publishing
Secret Cravings Publishing
Turquoise Morning Press
The Wild Rose Press/White Rose Publishing/The Wilder Roses
Publishers, if your name is not on this list and you would like to submit to us weekly or monthly then please contact us to have your name included. Authors, tell your publishers how they could be listed here too.
Series books. Publishers and authors, if you're submitting a later book in a series, remember we'll also consider the earlier books in that series as it will often help the reviewer to have those stories and perhaps review them as well (if they haven't been reviewed already). Please email us first to make sure we DON'T have the earlier books already.
New! TRS is on Net Galley. If your book is on Net Galley, and you want to let us know about it, use this form.
If your book has been previously published, please email us before submitting your work for review.
If you agree and understand the conditions stated above, please click the link below to request a review. We will make no exceptions to anything stated above.